"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort." ~ FDR ~

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Time Flies

When I started this I meant to write on a regular basis. We all see how well that went. Time does certainly fly by, and really whether you are having fun or not matters not when it comes to the speed of time. Granted the really hard times seem slow while actually going through them but at the other side it still seems as though I stop and say, "wow, it's been 3 months," or whatever time it has been. And so it goes and goes. Can you hardly believe it is November already. Ahead of us now is Thanksgiving and then Elliott's birthday and Christmas. Can it really be true that my "baby" is going to be FOUR?!?! See, again, time flies. I remember the first time I found out I was pregnant, the first ultrasounds, the first time I saw him in person, the first time I held him, the first rolling over, first step, etc. etc. So many FIRSTS and now he's going to be four. Wow. And, do you realize that I have a nearly 19-year-old nephew. Seriously it has to be impossible that I am old enough for that to be possible. He's in college now. And, again, time flies. In April I will have been married 11 years. Okay, so maybe not ALL time flies. hahaha It does though. Doesn't seem possible. And, though the work day itself dragged the few moments I have to myself have again raced by. Folding laundry, cooking dinner, these are the things demanding my time now. Do you think time will fly while I wash dishes tonight? No probably not. But I bet the few hours I actually get to sleep before I start all over again will. =) So tick, tock, merrily sings the clock...

1 comment: